Report: Mexico not well wired

Mexico ranks 52nd out of 70 countries for information technology infrastructure and connectivity, according to a news report.

Only three in 10 Mexican homes have access to the Internet. 20 million households do not have a computer or Internet access. An estimated 60 percent of those can’t afford it and the other 40 percent see no need for it. Mexico’s connectivity is concentrated in the north of the county and the center, including the Federal District.

The country’s main impediments are the high price of Internet access, low connection speeds, and the county’s telecommunications monopoly environment.

Read the article in Spanish

Worldwide Internet use

Comments

comments

Powered by WordPress